Last Modified: August 04, 2022
By using the Platform or submitting any personal information to Inhabitr, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Policy and the Inhabitr Terms of Service. If you do not agree with our Policy, please do not use our websites.
In this Policy, “personal information” means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified or recognized. With respect to California residents, references to "personal information" in this Policy mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, subject to certain exceptions set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act (the "CCPA").
Collection of Information
Information provided by you. When using the Platform or Services, you may provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information, mailing address, demographic information, telephone number, date of birth, company, title and financial information for purposes such as registering or creating an account on the Platform (“Account”), entering into a contract with us, submitting to a background check, or interacting with us for any help or inquiry related to our products and services. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies. In processing your Account, we may also obtain your personal information from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies. Some information you provide through the Services is collected and processed by third parties on our behalf. For example, when you order furniture, we collect your credit or debit card information. This information is collected and processed by third-party payment processors. . You may also provide information publicly through the Services, such as when you leave a review for furniture, or when you contribute to discussion forums.
Mobile device and mobile browser information. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer. If you enable location services on your mobile device, Inhabitr may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Information Voluntarily Provided to us Outside the Web. We may also collect your personal information you provide to us voluntarily during (1) workshops or events, (2) when you call our customer service, (3) When you visit a furniture store and sign up for text messages or email communications and (4) when you scan a QR code that links to our websites.
Children Under 13
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Platform. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Platform or use any of the Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collection of information by third-party services
Third-Party Links and Websites. Throughout the Services, we may use third-party services. Further, certain functionalities on the Services may involve the distribution of your personal information to third-party websites. These third-party websites may collect information about users on those websites, and this Policy does not extend to these external websites and third parties. Please refer directly to these third parties and websites regarding their privacy policies.
This Policy applies only to information which you provide to us in engaging us for Services and does not apply to information which you provide to any third party service provider whose services are related to or incorporated in our Services. We encourage you to consult with such third parties with respect to their privacy practices and policies for information which such parties gather from you.
Some Services require collection of your information directly by third parties. Our third-party service providers include, without limitation, the following:
How We Use Your Information
We generally use information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, including to:
- Provide and deliver the Services, process transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages; Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Inhabitr and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Inhabitr and others; Satisfy legal obligations to ensure compliance with legal requirement and protect our legal rights (including responding to requests from law enforcement authorities);
- Personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. This happens when you submit your information through many of our Services. For example, if you authorize a credit check or enter payment information, then you are consenting to our disclosing your information to our third-party services providers.
- Partners with whom we conduct business. When Inhabitr partners with other businesses to offer products and services, we may share information with those business partners only as needed to provide those products and services and only subject to the terms of this Policy.
- Business transfers. If and when Inhabitr is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may share your personal information in connection with that transaction.
Inhabitr may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us email@example.com. We may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of performing Services. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner, please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Retention of Information
Inhabitr takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest. In some areas of our website, we may use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) or Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. However, no transmission of information via the Internet nor electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security. We encourage you to use reasonable caution when disclosing information online. In many cases, you are in the best position to protect yourself online, including protecting your username and password from third party access and selecting and maintaining secure passwords.
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to Inhabitr in your account profile by logging into your account on the Platform. We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records.We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We do not sell your personal information for commercial purposes to any third parties. Internally, we may share user pattern information to improve our websites, and we may share information on a limited basis as per section 5. We collect and retain personal information to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations as well as other business purposes, such as fulfilling our contracts with customers or timely responding to your requests (such as participating in one of our programs, downloading one of our applications or learning more about our products or services). At the relevant point of interaction with you, we will let you know why we are requesting such information from you, but in general, such information is necessary to fulfill our contracts with you or enable us to timely respond to your requests.
Data Retention. We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing, legitimate business need to do so, such as providing you with a requested Service or complying with applicable legal requirements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, such as when information is archived, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You may receive email from Inhabitr for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or we are making you aware of system updates. If you have an account with Inhabitr, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Inhabitr is based in the United States and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Government and Private Party Information Requests
Inhabitr may receive various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Inhabitr users. Before we produce information, we may attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
Your California Privacy Rights:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) affords the Californian consumer specific rights regarding personal information. These rights have been described in this Policy overall and are further highlighted in this section.
Information We Collect. We collect personal information for a range of purposes, though primarily to allow us to provide and improve our Services. We may collect the following categories of personal information about you. In some cases the data is provided directly by you. In other cases it was provided by third parties, or obtained through your interaction with our Services.
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, IP address, username, or other similar identifiers. We primarily use these identifiers to create your account, maintain security of our Services, and communicate with you.
- Customer records information, such as telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, or debit card number. We primarily use these types of information to facilitate transactions and payments and to communicate with you.
- Commercial information, such as payment history and purchase history. We primarily use this type of information to keep track of transactions and for internal business and financial recordkeeping.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, search history, information about your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. We primarily use this type of information to help understand how our Services are performing for you, as well as to improve our own understanding of our Services.
- Geolocation information, such as your IP address which provides a rough approximation of location. We use this data primarily to understand where our users are accessing the Services, to customize our offerings to their location, and in some cases to provide more relevant advertising.
- Preferences, such as your preferences or likelihood of being interested in different products or services we offer. We use this information primarily for marketing purposes.
Information Sharing. We may disclose the above categories of information for business purposes, or at your direction, with our service providers, affiliates, and other third-parties. For instance, we share personal information about our Users with our data hosting and storage providers. We have agreements with our service providers which limit their ability to use your information.
Effective January 1, 2020, under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents have the following new rights in respect to their personal information:
- The right to request the deletion of any personal information about the consumer that has been collected from the consumer;
- The right to request disclosures regarding the collection of personal information;
- The right to request disclosures regarding the sale of personal information or disclosures made for a business purpose;
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising his/her rights under the CCPA;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of personal information;
- The right to opt-in for minors; and,
- The right to opt-in for any financial incentive programs.
You may make a verifiable request to exercise the following rights, free of charge to you, twice in a 12-month period, and we are obligated to respond within a period of 45 days, taking a 45-day extension only after notifying you. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Please indicate your preference by contacting us as described above. Please also note it may take us thirty (30) days to fully process your request. If you have a specific question or concern about your rights, or questions about our Policy in support of your rights as a Californian consumer, please contact us using a method available in the "Contact Us" section below. For more information on the California Consumer Privacy Act please visit https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or the privacy practices of Inhabitr, please email us at email@example.com, or you can write to us at:
Inhabitr Staging LLC Attn: Privacy Coordinator 3843 W. 43rd Street, Chicago, IL 60632
Please note that this Policy may be amended from time to time. You should check back for the most current version before relying on any of the provisions in this Policy. We will provide notice of material changes to the Policy, by posting a notice on the Platform.
Last Modified: August 04, 2022